Time To Think About Success
You are starting a virtual business; you spend much time studying and listening to Content Marketing, the best option for your business within a reasonable budget. The diversity of possibilities excites you much, and today you want to ask for advice to know where to start.
So, before entering the subject, I wanted to ask you a question: Would you be able to define your business in one word? Because basically, this is what this article is about, how through the choice of words we also create, in some way, the focus of our business. Today we will talk about keywords for business; what they are, how to choose them and the importance they have for the success of your strategy.
What is a keyword?
It is a word that defines your business, and that has a power of resonance and magnetism both in the navigators that search and in the algorithms that organise the information. Put yourself in another person shoe for a moment in the place of those two actors of the virtual universe, the navigators and the search algorithms, and you will see that it will be apparent to you immediately what a keyword is.
It is a matter of logic, a user when looking for something has to type, therefore, automatically, he synthesises your need in a word or a small group of words. In this way, a record of the words most used in searches is created. At the same time, the search engines, with their ability to gather data and process them, almost automatically, know which words were typed a higher number of times and in that way manage to create a hierarchy to orient themselves.
Why a keyword?
To find us in the middle of so much information, developing the ability to see a keyword is synonymous with knowing how to think like your client. Look at it this way: it is a path from the general to the particular, from the mass report of billions of navigators to the specific individual who will make the purchase.
You have to give him a way to get to you when he does not know you yet, so what does the user know very well? Answer: your own need. On the other hand, we can investigate through specific tools what are the main searches in Google. That is, your intuitive sensitivity and navigation history are the dynamic duo to find the best keyword that synthesises the user’s search and at the same time have a hierarchy for the algorithm.
How to choose them?
Choosing the keyword is a fascinating exercise because it will force you to think a lot about your business. To facilitate this choice, there are specific tools; Google tends to give you the possibility to study. Therefore, either self-taught or through a course, the research and search will feed you relevant information about this process.
The first way is not even virtual: consult with your friends and family, ask other people how they would define your business. The second way is very simple when you type something; the Google search engine suggests several options in bold, there you have a reference for search trends. You will also see below the results page that the “related searches” are in blue, all that is useful information.
Moreover, now we go to the specific tools. I will talk about four that are very easy to use, simple to navigate and that will give you a perception of what we are talking about.
- Adwords Keyword Tool: Better known in English as Keyword Planner, is a tool that is available within Google Adwords and is considered the best tool for this case. Visit that page and navigate to get contextualised with the idea.
- Keyword Eye: in English, it shows us separate words in colors so that our eyes find the most indicated, high-performance red, medium orange and deep green. It is fascinating when we perform brainstorming with our team.
- Google trends: this is great to see the performance of the keywords, shows trends in search in real time updated continuously. You can also check the performance history of the words in a given period. Do you want to know what is said about your sector or business area? Google trends are the best option.
- SEMrush: The topic here more than looking for is to analyse the words we have chosen. Who uses them, what position they have, that is, study the competition and discover some advantage.
The two types of keywords:
Following this introduction to the world of keywords, another critical issue is knowing that there are two types of Short Tail and Long Tail, in Spanish, short tail and a long tail. As the name suggests, has one or, at most, two words and the second is a set of words. What is the difference? Performance and specificity. What does not have one has the other.
Short tail: It is ideal if it were not that it is more used by others, that is, we can not steal a word for us, we have to know how to share, language is the heritage of humanity. They have very high performance, are extremely popular, and everyone is awarded. For example, ” keywords. ”
Long Tail: Less performance, but in compensation much more specific, to the point that you do not have as much competition because they filter the results to your speciality. For example, for this article, I used “keywords for a business”.
That is a whole subject: the notion of using these words that you awarded yourself. Once you have defined the keyword, you have to know how to use them to make life easier for the algorithm, helping you to find us is what we understand by SEO.
- URL – always in the URL
- Title – In the main title.
- H1, H2, h3 – in some of the inter-titles (remember that inter-titles are signals that the algorithm uses to guide itself).
- In the content, but without abusing or that seems artificial in the meta description or, failing that, in the first 40 words of the publication.
Well now I leave the subject with you, our word study, we apply it to our, and we share it with everyone. As always a pleasure to be useful. Leave your comment!